Good grass silage usually shows 30-40 % dry matter and crude protein contents of 16-20 %. More than 13,5 % crude protein should be reached. Crude fibre content idally ranges between 22 and 25 percent.
Early cut silagesEarly cut silages are characterized by
- High crude protein contents, but low content of usable protein
- Poor protein quality, high proportion of NPN-compound
- Low crude fibre content
- Low dry matter
Following measures help to mix a balanced ration
- Enhance content of usable protein to 15-16 % of dry matter with help of protected protein (rape or soya meal, extracted). Also possible with use of KULMIN® Lacto HL 50 with protected protein.
- Increase crude fibre values with hay, straw or dry silages, in order to reach 10-12 % structured crude fibre in dry matter
- Set dry matter at 40 % for ration
- In order to support immuny system, use a mineral feed with enhanced vitamin E and selenium content (KULMIN® MFV Plus during dry period, ProVit line during lactation)
- Improve taste of the ration with essential oils e.g. in ProVit HL–line and Vital HL-line
- Frequently push the feed and feed twice daily, to increase feed intake
KULMIN® Lacto HL 50